Monday, November 3, 2008

A Moment of Inspiration

It's weird. All of a sudden, within two months, my blog has gone from being virtually unknown to semi-popular. People I don't even hang out with are coming up to me and complimenting me on Boyd's World. I'm still shooting for being on VH1's 40 Best Peices of Web Junk, but I'd say this is a pretty good start. Like I say, you have to start out local. Okay, I don't really say that, but who cares. Stop pointing out my flaws, you jerks.
I know that yesterday I had a great topic to write about this morning, but now it's completely left my mind. If you know what it was, please tell me. Instead, I will once again write about whatever comes to my mind.
Oh, now I remember! I was going to compare this to my journal! Anyway, when I was younger, I kept a journal, in which I wrote about all of my recent experiences, crushes, so on and so forth. Now, I don't write in it. It bothered me fore a great while that I stopped putting entries in, until the other day. I realized that instead of a journal, like I had, I really needed a platform from which to tell people about my life. My journal was only read by me, so the writing style suffered. This is designed to be read by the masses, so it is written in that manner. The writing in my journal was very forced sounding, and artificially cheerful. With Boyd's World, however, I write almost exactly the same as I talk. Therefore, It's much more realistic sounding.
Quite honestly, I don't think I'll be able to write in my journal anymore. It's hard to skip an entire year and a half, and then just act like nothing happened. It's hard to sound sincere when writing, "Oh, and by the way, I moved into a new house, went out with three girls, and became class president during the time I quit entering." It just sounds ridiculous. I really need to be able to write on the edge of the moment, because otherwise I go back and despise what I wrote.
Oh, one other quick thing. You know that post about the prep who wouldn't hang out with a kid because he was fat? Yeah, both the prep and the other kid found out about the post. First, one of my favourite readers asked me who the person that was overweight was right in front of him, then he got mad when he found out who the prep was, and now neither of them are talking. Really, I don't feel bad, because someone as conceited as the prep in question should not be allowed to say something like they did and get away with it. I'd feel worse if it had been added to by me, but my account was totally true.
Well, the bells about to ring, and I just realized I forgot to check out this week's Slowwave. Until next time, Drew Morgan.

1 comment:

Alix said...

Ohh yeah about the last part... sorry