Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Cross The T's And Dot The I's

As I was checking all of the comments on Boyd's World, I noticed that November, even though it isn't over yet, has the most posts of all the months since I started this thing in February. It's crazy that this blog has only been around that long. It seems as though it could have been created when I first started Jr. High, as far as I'm concerned.
I can still remember designing this blog: I was using my mom's computer, while watching a weird movie on a music video network. I hadn't asked my mom if I could make a blog yet, and I was hoping she wouldn't notice (she did). I had no idea what to write about, so I decided to write about whatever popped into my head. I seem to have kept that tradition up, at least. I recall not wanting to use proper punctuation, misspelling words and using FANBOYS to the point of idiocrasy. I continued this for a few weeks, until I took a good look at other peoples' blogs and realized that none of them were doing that. I quickly readjusted my "voice" on here, and now people complain about how proper my blog seems.
I find complaints about using a big vocabulary frustrating. Yes, I could revert back to a fifth-grade vocabulary, and be like the World News, but why? All good authors use thesauri to write, and I would like to be a good author. Now, of course I understand why one would want to avoid using humongous words in each sentence, to avoid feeling like you're playing buzzword bingo, but that shouldn't be a restraint on my overall writing.
I wish I knew how to close each post like Scott Adams does, but It's hard to when you write as erratically as I. I'm just going to end my post like usual, with a "peace out", or "see ya". Yes, that's definitely the best course of action. Peace out!

1 comment:

Alix said...

Well I don't have a problem with your wide vocabulary...