Monday, November 17, 2008

Five Tangents, Five Paragraphs

For the third time in a row, I find myself sitting in a chair, wandering around the Internet and looking at some friends' blogs online and trying to decide whether or not to waste your time with yet another post. Actually, since they both posted links my blog on their blogs, I feel an obligation to post links to theirs.
Katie Narris's blog:
Maddi_2013's blog:
Although I'm definitely not a fan of the blog provider (Yahoo's Shine!), the blogs themselves certainly aren't suffering. they may not believe so, but the authors are incredibly talented and, in my opinion, should switch over to Blogger. (If that little ad won't get me a spot on the Blogs Of Notice list, I don't know what will.)
In other news, I recently started reading Twilight. By recently, of course, I mean about five hours ago. It's such a good book, I'm already half way through and there are no signs of stopping. I wasn't sure if I would like it, due to the fact it's supposed to have a lot of romance thrown in, but for some odd reason, it's flippin' awesome. I hope the movie isn't so horrible it ruins the book, like some movies I've seen.
Has anyone else ever watched a mini-series on SciFi? If you haven't already been damaged by one, I recommend you steer clear. They are horrible, drama contests that are conducted by crappy actors and weird directors. Also, they're usually about six hours long, which can make it impossibly hard to watch one start to finish. When I saw The Shining, I realized about halfway through that I could have just read the book over again.
Wow, I just realized that if you make the text block split into smaller paragraphs, it makes you look more academic and it makes the post look longer. If I use that to my advantage, soon publishing companies will be waiting outside my front door and ivory-league colleges will be actively stalking my principal. It might stink for him and I at first, but soon I'll be rolling in riches and I'll never have to go to class again. I'm not 100% how it will work out in my principal's favor, but I'm sure we can cross that bridge when we get to it.
Look, I just got all academic again! This post is actually turning out to be better that expected, which is quite a relief. That's the thing about my posts: I usually have no clue where they will end up once I'm done with them. Look, this post has already gone off on five different tangents, when I figured it would be short and somewhat pointless. Unfortunately for all of you, all good things must come to an end, and I believe this post is no different. I'm sorry, but now you'll have something to look forward to next time. Peace out, man.

2 comments:

Maddi said...

Hey. thanx 4 puttin a link to my blog. i love your blog. 1 problem: 2 many big words!!! lol jk. read my blog! bye!

Alix said...

I want to read Twilight!!!
You know what I think I will...
That vampires teeth aren't as cool as Dom's though...=]