Monday, November 10, 2008

Blogger In All Of It's Amazingness

Hey, it's me again. You know, I'm really not a fan of the way some parts of Blogger are set up. The Blogger Buzz section, for example. It hasn't been updated for a week, and probably won't be for a while. Also, the blogs of note seem a bit fishy. I don't think necessarily they should be the best blogs on the site, but the most well-liked. teen blogs, whose subject I just can't seem to get away from, aren't always well set up, but that doesn't mean they aren't the most sincere. According to Wikipedia, the most common type of blog is the personal blog, written by someone who is aware no one will read it, and is still quite proud. I may not have the best set up blog in the world, but I still love it. I created this blog, and it's setup is therefore irrelevant. I think they should look for blogs with fewer followers instead of more. The small, unknown blogs are the ones that need to be better advertised, not the ones that already have 200 followers.
I'm not sure if that's an unbiased opinion, however, so lets try and stray away from that subject. I try to write this blog not unbiased, but with a little of my own personal opinion thrown in for flavor. If it was completely unbiased, it would be like a newspaper, and it would lack the teenage angst I wish to instill in readers. That said, sometimes a bias will get in the way of logic and make you appear unintelligent. To quote a wise man, "Better is he who is silent and thought to be a fool than he who opens his mouth and removes all doubt." Okay, really my grandpa says that, but that doesn't make it any less wise.
I've removed a lot of the gadgets that were on this page, because they seemed to clutter up the page. Plus, they sometimes had ads at the bottom, and that's not what I'm about. I would rather not have ads on my page if I don't have to. Sure, I'm aware some things require an ad to fund them, but that doesn't mean I want my page covered in ads. It distracts one from the blog posts, and that's what this blog is all about. I don't want you to play around with the widgets the entire time you're on Boyd's World, because that's not what it's here for. I don't just write these posts as a decorative element, I write them to be read.
Well, I'm going to goof around with the settings and see if I can make my blog any more "notable". Wish me luck!

No comments: