Thursday, February 5, 2009

Music

Eve Noir, know how you mentioned the crazies you get at your library sometimes? Well, we get them here too. I was Looking at CDs, when all of a sudden, this dude pointed to a David Bowie album and said, "That CD is a Rock 'n' Roll must. It's the reason I decided to go to college for music. It changed my life." I nodded, smiled, and said, "oh". Then he asked if I was into Punk, and pointed out a book to me. It was called Just Kill Me. Lovely. I told him I would look into it. My thoughts at the time? I was trying to figure out whether to be creeped out or feel pity. Thanks, dude who enjoys giving musical recommendations to strangers. The part that really topped it off? He had on a jacket. Specifically, the same freakin' one I had just gotten. Sure, a few more pins and stuff, but otherwise the same. In his defense, however, the Bowie album is pretty good. Not life changing, but pretty good. I can't remember it's name at the time, though.
So, I'd like to broaden my musical horizons. Any recommendations? If it's mainstream, that's more convenient, because our library is more likely to have it. I tend to favor music that is older, from the 70's or 80's. As long as it's rock, I'll probably enjoy it. Well, except for metal. I've never been a big fan of that...
Please post your suggestions!

No comments: