Saturday, February 21, 2009

Movie Review: Coraline


Well, it's finally time for another movie review. What movie, you ask? Coraline. I went and saw it with a friend, and I enjoyed it a lot. Before I get to the actual review, though, I'd like to tell you what will make a movie horrible. Do you really want to know? OK. It sucks to walk in to a dark theatre, sit down, and discover the last person to sit there got a little too scared. Yeah, that happened. I nearly puked. Nasty.
OK, so back to the movie. When it started, I pretty quickly established that this "children's" movie belonged in the disturbia category more than the marketed one. Seriously, if I was a parent with a small (2-6) child, I would have walked out after about 15 minutes. The whole thing was very trippy, and not in a good way. I like movies of that style, however, so I really thought it was cool. The whole mirror-universe, slightly distorted reality thing is always a pleaser. I'd really rather not give out too much about it's plot, obviously, but I will tell you that it was good. Plus, the 3D was amazing.
My Rating?
4.756 out of 5 stars

If you are looking for a good movie to go to, this would be it.

2 comments:

taitle said...

Ouch sounds like a nasty cinema you went to :o

Eve Noir said...

4.756 ??? How about just 4 & 1/2...or go for the big ol' 5?!! ^_^ I haven't seen it but can't wait to!