Friday, May 15, 2009

Party And Review


Today was my birthday party, finally, and it was pretty fun. The only problem was, the more people I invite, the fewer actually come. I invited about 7 people to this one, and two people showed up. I think it has something to do with my shrinking friend base, which is concerning. I got in a fight with one of my only friends that is a dude, and I had to go out of my normal circle to try and keep the gender balance even today. It was not, as the two that showed up were both girls. It was still a lot of fun though, despite the fact we had very little to do.

A more monumental event occurred today, though: the release of Green Day's new album, 21st Century Breakdown. It is a rock opera, like it's predecessor American Idiot. It is all about two kids in my graduating class, and refers to my mom's generation as well.

It's split into three acts, like a play. It is like a play in it's story line, as well: it describes various events in the two kids' lives. It is incredibly long, somewhere around an hour and a half. That may not sound like much, until you put it all on one disc. The Wall was put into 2 discs, and so was Tommy, so there isn't much to compare it to. I'm guessing it will be made into a play, like American Idiot is. I it ever comes to my neck of the woods, they had better cast me.
This post was a little like a review, so I'll rate it:

five out of five stars

It is seriously great. Better sounding than American Idiot, more in depth than The Black Parade. If you have the means to get, I'd recommend it. Oh, and if you get it from Target, they throw in a bonus disc of live performances in Japan. It's worth the extra couple bucks, in my opinion.

1 comment:

Diane said...

green day is my older daughters fave band. sounds like it wont be too torturous to be around, if you like it.

so.... you and TWO chicks huh? sounds like a party!