Friday, March 20, 2009

Sickness

I thought my cold was almost gone...I was wrong. I thought it was just a major cough, but it turns out it's targeting one symptom at a time. Now, my nose is dripping like a faucet. Seriously, I've blown my nose every 3 minutes for the last 12 hours. I look like W.C. Fields. Alternately, I look like I could guide Santa's sleigh.
So, going through school oozing from the face was definitely bad enough. However, that was not the worst. No where near the worst. The worst was the party I was going to after school. Even under the best of conditions, the party would have been only somewhat fun, because A. I was the only dude going and B. I knew almost no one. See, I've got two friends that I've known virtually my whole live. They were in "play group" with me when I was younger. We've stayed in touch, and today was one of their B-days. Neither of them go to my school, so all of their friends are people I've never met.
Now, normally this wouldn't be that bad. I was older than all of them, because they're 7th graders, and I could just be the cool older Rock Star. Unfortunately, I instead became the drippy kid. I swear, during the 2 hours I was there, I used up at least a box of Kleenex. I actually had to leave early because of that...it stunk.
Well, once again I'm going to have to ask you all to wish me luck getting healthy. Yes, I'm a selfish person. Too bad, it's not like I'm forcing you to read this. Or am I...???

1 comment:

taitle said...

Maybe you are XD

Well Boyd, Chin Chin :D