Friday, March 27, 2009

Complete And Utter Chaotic Posting

Hello everyone, how's it going? My apologies for not posting, I haven't had the inspiration for a good topic in a while. I guess, in order to maintain a good status among my blogger buddies, I'm just going to have to post about my life and try and give it an interesting spin to keep you entertained.
Well, currently, I'm watching Back to the Future, pt. II. I think it's OK, but it's definitely not the best of the trilogy. Probably the worst. I'm not a big fan of pt. III, either, but it's got an appeal in an odd sense.
I'm finally going to get that bass guitar I was talking about. Well, probably. I'm just going to go into the pawn shop (wearing my nicest rock star clothes, of course, to boost my confidence) and tell them how much I'll pay them. I'll offer them a third of the manufacturer's retail price for a new one, which is pretty reasonable considering it's a pawn shop. I mean, how many left-handed bassists are honestly going to come in? My uncle himself told me it's been on their shelf for a long time now.
I don't have an amp (I recently learned you need a special amp for bass), but I think one of my friends has one. If not, I'll try and borrow one from school.
Band class has been pretty awesome lately. We've got our biggest concert of the year coming up, the collage concert. It's a chance for everyone to show off their talent, especially with non-band instruments. An example might be, let's say, singing, or the bass guitar. It's basically a bunch of solos and ensembles, and it's a lot of fun. I'm doing my first solo this year, and I'd be lying if I said I wasn't a little freaked out. Luckily, it's a really really easy song - Chariots Of Fire. When I played my audition, about half way through, the band teacher started slow-running in place...I laughed into my mouthpiece and couldn't go on...she thought it was funny.
I'm also doing a few ensembles, but the only definite one currently is the theme song to Forrest Gump. I'm doing it with a few friends, and it's also an easy one, so I'm totally confident about it. I mean, I'm a rock star, right? I don't need nerves, they're for posers.
The thing that kind of stinks about the concerts in band, though, are the uniforms. You know...cummerbunds, bow ties, the whole nine yards of dork-ness. Fortunately, I'm a pro at being a dork. I even have a shirt that says so...
If I ever do an ensemble with my band for the concert (we're all in band, and we've got 4 more years), I'm going to do everything I can to make it cooler, while still keeping the general uniform...you know, just to show we're awesome. I'm thinking my jacket, maybe sunglasses...I know, I'm weird. Deal with it.
OK, I think the general sanity of this post is starting to deteriorate due to slight fatigue...therefore, it shall end now.

No comments: