Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Read It All The Way Through

There's something I don't think I've mentioned on here yet, and I feel I should. My grandmother is...*drumroll*....a hooker. Yes, she is a hooker. She's been in the practice for about five years now, and seems to enjoy it. It's just kind of a hobby for her, a way to spend her retirement years, I suppose. I blame myself for getting her in to it, in all truthfulness. I'm the one who got her the kit with all the supplies in it, at least. She even went to a convention for it, last year and the year before. She had me go with her to last summer's convention, and it was pretty interesting. I was definitely younger than the target market there, so there wasn't really anything to do. Lots to look at, though.
Yup, my grandma is involved in the making of latch-hook rugs. She makes decorative pieces of art using a hook and yarn. Why, were you thinking of something else?

6 comments:

Diane said...

hahaha you are so funny!

i used to make those rugs when i was younger. i'd give them as gifts.

in fact, i was looking at getting one of the kits for my daughter for christmas last year and i was really surprised by the price! so i got something else, a cross stitch kit.

i had no idea they had conventions for such a thing!!

Eve Noir said...

^_^

♥ashley said...

OMG UR GMA IS A HOOKER!?! hehe
haha, so this is the post that you were telling me about before class... xD

You're a very entertaining dude,, aha. =]

Soldier without a War said...

Thats hilarious! I thought it was a little odd that she only had been doing it for 5 years and why she would bring you to the convention.. ha ha... Latch hook, huh? wow, i did that when i was a kid... it was kinda fun..lol..

CHASE said...

Ha ha, that's good. Totally had me going for a minute...

zen-stereo said...

Ha ha you really had me going there.

Thanks for adding my blog to your...watchlist. Or whatever it is they call it when you follow a person's blog.