Monday, October 20, 2008

A Lost Opportunity

Ladies and gentlemen, I'd like to report yet another update on my band, and stage nervousness.
last night, I, Drew Morgan of Crush of Society, was provided with the chance to fill in for the lead singer of a band for a few songs, and I was too afraid to do it. The song was Blister In the Sun, which I know I could have sang. I started to realize I should have gone up to sing when the singer started to butcher the lyrics. Then he went on to play Add It Up, another Violent Femmes song, and radio edited it (poorly, might I add).
How will I ever be the singer for a rock band if I can't even stand up in front of a nearly empty room and sing one of my favorite songs? I keep telling myself it was because I didn't know the band and it occurred in a bar full of obnoxious golfers, but I'm not sure how good of an excuse that is. I want to be like the Clash, who went on stage and said,"we're gonna play you some songs now, and we don't care if you like them or not." That's got to take guts.
Well, I guess all I can do is look for more good opportunities like that and take advantage of them.

1 comment:

Ashley Jones said...

I think you could do it!! I have faith in you :))