Ladies and gentlemen, I'd like to report yet another update on my band, and stage nervousness.
last night, I, Drew Morgan of Crush of Society, was provided with the chance to fill in for the lead singer of a band for a few songs, and I was too afraid to do it. The song was Blister In the Sun, which I know I could have sang. I started to realize I should have gone up to sing when the singer started to butcher the lyrics. Then he went on to play Add It Up, another Violent Femmes song, and radio edited it (poorly, might I add).
How will I ever be the singer for a rock band if I can't even stand up in front of a nearly empty room and sing one of my favorite songs? I keep telling myself it was because I didn't know the band and it occurred in a bar full of obnoxious golfers, but I'm not sure how good of an excuse that is. I want to be like the Clash, who went on stage and said,"we're gonna play you some songs now, and we don't care if you like them or not." That's got to take guts.
Well, I guess all I can do is look for more good opportunities like that and take advantage of them.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
About Me
- Boyd
- Well, for starters, I'm a teen who thinks it would be fun to write about every little thing that pops into my head to be read by everyone on the internet every single day. Doesn't that tell you enough about who I am?
The People Smart Enough To Know How Good This Blog Is
Archives
-
▼
2008
(94)
-
▼
October
(15)
- Coming To a Blog Post Near You
- Happy Halloween!
- Mining for Gems
- I'm Still Alive!
- Thanks For Tuning In!
- Advertising
- A Lost Opportunity
- A Tiny Windfall
- In The Land of Unrealistic Assumptions
- Death has a Shadow
- Mumbling Randomly
- Homecoming: so what?
- Allergies (pt. 2)
- Holla everyone!
- A Lot of Random Thoughts
-
▼
October
(15)
The Answer to Life, the Universe, and Everything!
My Favourite Albums
- "Pinkerton" - Weezer
- "Raise The Dead" - Phantom Planet
- "White Blood Cells" - The White Stripes
- "Elephant" - The White Stripes
- "Doolittle" - The Pixies
- "Ziggy Stardust" - David Bowie
My Favourite Bands
- AC/DC
- Beck
- Bend Folds
- Blink-182
- Bob Dylan
- Cage The Elephant
- Crush Of Society
- Danny Elfman
- Dave Matthews Band
- David Bowie
- Depeche Mode
- Everclear
- Franz Ferdinand
- Girl Talk
- Gorillaz
- Green Day
- I Eat Stickfigures
- Jane's Addiction
- Jennifer Trynin
- Johnny Cash
- Josh Ritter
- Led Zeppelin
- MC5
- Misfits
- Nirvana
- Oasis
- Oingo Boingo
- Operation Ivy
- Owl City
- Paramore
- Pearl Jam
- Pink Floyd
- Queen
- R.E.M.
- Reel Big Fish
- Rivers Cuomo
- Roger Waters
- Roses & Riots
- Sex Bob-Omb
- Social Distortion
- Soundgarden
- Star Fucking Hipsters
- Streetlight Manifesto
- Sufjan Stevens
- The Beatles
- The Black Belles
- The Boomtown Rats
- The Clash
- The Cure
- The Dead Kennedys
- The Dead Milkmen
- The Dead Weather
- The Doors
- The Flaming Lips
- The Jimi Hendrix Experience
- The Killers
- The Pixies
- The Racontuers
- The Ramones
- The Sex Pistols
- The Smashing Pumpkins
- The Smiths
- The Strokes
- The White Stripes
- Third Eye Blind
- Tom Waits
- U2
- Violent Femmes
- Weezer
- Weird Al
Powered by Blogger.
Categories
- B. B. King (1)
- bands (1)
- bass guitar (1)
- biographies (1)
- Blues (1)
- books (1)
- Boomtown Rats (1)
- Christmas (1)
- Comics (1)
- Crush of Society (1)
- David Bowie (1)
- Dilbert (1)
- Douglas Adams (1)
- electric guitar (1)
- Induhviduals (1)
- Magazines (1)
- Music (1)
- Pink Floyd (1)
- polls (1)
- rock (1)
- Scott Adams (1)
- Seinfeld (1)
- Slowwave (1)
- Television (1)
- The fine art of blogging about nothing (1)
- The Hitchhikers Guide To The Galaxy (1)
- WMU adventures (1)
- writer's block (1)

1 comment:
I think you could do it!! I have faith in you :))
Post a Comment