Thursday, January 13, 2011

Essays Everywhere

My dearest Internet friends, I've missed you all terribly. It's just that I've been writing various essays for the past few weeks, one after another. The most problematic is one I'm doing for my local state representative; the prompt is How To Reinvent Michigan, and the prize for the two best authors is a trip to Lansing, MI and a seat at the State of the State address. The prompt has been proving terribly hard to write about, because the rep is a Republican, and my solutions are of a more Democratic persuasion. However, I'm in it to win it, and I'm not above shaping an essay of my opinions to fit the judge's opinion. So basically, that's what the delay in posts has been.

On a completely unrelated note, I got a new bass guitar last weekend! I've been looking at it for about 5 months now, after seeing it in an antique shop over the summer. It's a hollow body Kent, and it needs some work. I'll be posting pics once it's all nice and purty looking, but it currently only has three strings and a wickedly bent neck.

Sadly, that's all I can really post about at the moment. I'm still finishing my essay to the Representative, so that has to go be done. Until next time...bye!

3 comments:

That Blond Guy said...

The only way I would ever write an essay to a Republican representative would be if it was hate mail. Sorry, it's just the bitter truth.

Congrats on the guitar! Good luck with the essay as well!

Kindros said...

Grats on the guitar.

Hopefully you got to pick the topic of the essays to easy the pain of writing them. I can't tell you how many papers I wrote on Blizzard Entertainment, Nintendo and their CEOs, or gaming industry stores and markets. :)

Eeshie said...

Yup, I'd have to agree with That Blond Guy on that...

Oh HAI! I'm Eeshie, your new follower. So you know. Congratulations. Having me as a follower, you must have a pretty awesome blog (I'M SPECIAL).

Yea. So. Here's my blog. Take a looksy if you can.

idontskinnydipichunkydunk.blogspot.com

Buhbye.