Friday, June 12, 2009

The Winner Is...

Aquafina Chapstick!
I'm glad people actually voted, and took the difficulty away from me with figuring out a post. So, Aquafina Chapstick. Good choice, if I may say so myself.

I discovered this stuff last year, around the beginning of the school year. My mom and I were both running low on chapstick, so we made a trip to the local Walgreen's and took a look at their selection. I quickly grabbed some crappy Blistex, not caring enough to look at the other stuff. My mom, however, opted for a kind we'd never seen before, the previously mentioned Aquafina stuff. She raved about it, but I really didn't care.

A few weeks later, however, I forgot to grab the crappy Blistex when I was getting ready for school. Panicking, already feeling my lips start to crack and bleed and cause people to vomit at the sight of me, I asked my mom if she had any chapstick. "Well, I have an extra stick of that Aquafina stuff. Want to use that?" Too desperate to care, I took it and used it. Little did I know, it was the best thing on earth!

It tingles when you use it, and stays hydrating for almost 3 hours! Plus, if you drink Aquafina water, it feels weird (honestly, I think it would work with any cold water. Our school's vending machine only supplies that, though). I used it non stop the whole winter, glad we had bought a 3 pack.

However, one fateful day, I ran out. When i looked for another stick of it, I discovered we had run out. I forced my mother to take us into town immediately, so we could get more. After three different store's chapstick displays, I realized it wasn't going to be easy to find. Eventually, we found some at WalMart, but it was in a different form, with fruity flavours. Also, it didn't tingle. I was unsatisfied, and checked the lipbalm display at every store we went to. I experimented with other stuff, but none of it was quite as good. I had given up hope.

Fast forward to last weekend. We were at Meijer, getting some plants, when my mom wandered over to the chapstick thing. "Drew, come quickly!!" I ran over, and felt my heart fill with joy as I saw she held three three-packs of it. "Can we get them all?" I questioned. "of course!". I was a happy person.

When we got out to the car, I grabbed the bag it was in and pulled them out. I ripped the packaging open, and selected a stick. Finally! Joy was once again possible.

Are you glad you all selected that? Me too. I might post about the other things, too, but for now you will have to make due with that. I wonder if Aquafina will pay me money for writing this...
Now if you'll excuse me, I need to put on some chapstick.

6 comments:

ashley, :) said...

hahaa =]
i didn't know you could write that much about chapstick.
:)

*Tenley said...

Lol, awesome post topic choice. I have to try some of that stuff... You sound like Ponce de Leon describing the Fountain of Youth.

:]

Anonymous said...

You have found the Holy Grail of lip balm. (I tried to write a resounding crescendo here, but you'll just have to make the sound in your head...kind of like a da da ta ta...do you know what I mean?)
~mom

Anonymous said...

oh wait...I know...dada ta ta daaaaa!

*Tenley said...

I wish our local theaters were doing awesome shows like that! I was going to try out for the autumn production at school, but it's High School Musical. How original. You should still audition and show them that you're not too young.

It really is too bad Kurt is no longer here. If he was, he could have made such a huge impact on the gay rights movement.

CHASE said...

I've never heard anyone talk so excitedly about chapstick, but perhaps I'll have to look out for it next time I'm at the store...