Sunday, September 4, 2011

My Last Week Of Freedom

Hey!! I was excited about writing my first post in the new, improved version of Blogger, with the fancy new layout and whatnot; sadly, the post-writing page refused to load for me. Of course, it did taunt me with a "loading" icon, but there was still empty nothingness once that went away. Thank goodness the old interface still works!

This week, I've done...well...pretty much nothing. I've worked, but in terms of "interesting-ness," that's still definitely not noteworthy. School starts next Tuesday, because Michigan schools don't start up until after Labor Day (it's the law!). My mom, a teacher, went into work for the first time last week, so when I wasn't also working I did some musical stuff whilst home alone. Specifically, I recorded a new song!! It's called "Sneaking Around," and it's up for you to hear on our Facebook page. I was proud of it, because it's WAY more in depth than anything else I've recorded. 3 guitars, a bass line, 2 guitars on the solo, and a vocal track consisting of multiple takes layered together. Oh, and the DRUMS. I can't drum at all, so in order for me to play drums on the track, I had to play each part of the kit separately - one recording of me wailing on the cymbals, one of me tapping the snare drum, and one of me playing the bass drum with my hands. My legs aren't strong enough to play bass drum consistently for 2 minutes, so I had to get down on my knees and press down on the pedal like I was performing CPR. Funky, eh?

Oh yeah!! I went to the hospital yesterday. Seriously, that didn't once cross my mind of things to blog about...haha! I got stung by a bee in the afternoon, and about an hour later I started getting hives and bumps all over my body. Of course, after Googling my symptoms, my mom and I decided that it'd probably be wise to visit the hospital, just in case. It was a slow night in the ER, so they basically took me in and gave me Benedryl and a steroid shot to reduce inflammation. I think I may have been a bit of a hypochondriac, but better safe than sorry!! It smelled like old people in there...it's been a long time since I've been to the hospital...last time was when I was 10, and sliced my knee open on a piece of glass - yeah, I'm pretty hardcore.

It's gonna be pretty weird in school this year - lots of my friends graduated last year, like the illustrious Tanner Simmons. Also, this is my first year since starting Junior High that I won't be in band. I know, I know...crazy, right? My school's band is terribly dysfunctional, and not in a good way. All the real musicians at the school tend to drop out, with only a few exceptions. This year, I'm gonna carry on that legacy! It'll still be weird to not have Marching Band at the beginning of the year though... that was basically the structure of my social life for a good 3 months. Ahh well, there'll always be Drama Club!!

Weeeeell...my grandparents are headed to my house currently, to take me into town for a little back to school shopping!! nothing fancy...just a nice, functional outfit. I hafta go...in the meantime, develop a new passion!! Or something. I feel like I should give you all assignments, like Christopher does...that'll have to do for now!

6 comments:

Bookish.Spazz said...

Glad you're not deathly allergic to bees! And your new song does definitely show how far you've come because it's AWESOME.

Ugh. I wish Texas was like Michigan.

RainboRevolver said...

Holy fuck, I've been in school for 3 weeks now. You lucky dog.

Sorry about the bee-sting incident, I hate hospitals too! The walls are always a pastel easter color and the halls smell like old ladies and glycerine soap. Yuck!

My new passion, that I just instantly developed, just for you, is is grape soda enthusiasm. Join my grape soda enthusiast club!

L. said...

I hate hospitals as well. There's just something about them that freaks me out. I think it's because they are so clean. I live in a constant state of chaos so cleanliness freaks me out.

Glad you didn't die! Bee stings are horrible. The one time I was stung by a bee I ripped it out of my hand and stomped on it until it was dead. Mind you I was six, but still. It was very violent.

You are so lucky that you haven't started school yet. Lucky lucky duckling.

Fickle Cattle said...

I hate bees. They freak me out. Good thing you survived.

Fickle Cattle
ficklecattle.blogspot.com

Jessica Thompson said...

The hospital?! Hope you're ok.
Check me out =) alphabetalife.blogspot.com

lin741852 said...

sac burberry
sac chanel
chaussures nike
porte cles chanel
bracelet louis vuitton
chaussures puma
portefeuille louis vuitton
chaussures louis vuitton
sac a main
chaussures Christian Louboutin
dolce gabbana tasche
ed hardy tasche
fendi tasche
tee-shirts louis vuitton
louis vuitton pas cher
sac juicy
sac guess 2012 soldes
sac guess pas cher
tee shirts prada
tee shirts louis vuitton
prada bolsas
versace bolsas
Christian Louboutin Soldes
Christian Louboutin 2012
sandales Christian Louboutin
Christian Louboutin pas cher
chaussures Christian Louboutin
sac louis vuitton 2012
louis vuitton soldes