I've had a messed up day. I've had a cold since Tuesday, and it got worse today. I figured that if I took some serious strength cough-syrup, and tried to not talk much, I'd be fine. That was where I went wrong.
When I say serious strength cough-syrup, I'm not talking about Robitussin. I've had past horrible experiences with coughing, and the doctor gave me a scrip for the codeine stuff. I took a low dosage, and figured I'd be fine. Yeah. By the time the school bell rang, I was having a hard time walking without passing out. As I stood in the hallway talking to Ashley, I started to fall over and lean on her shoulder.
Our first hour teacher always leaves the lights off in the front row, and I have a hard time staying awake even after a can of Diet Coke. Obviously, today was a lot worse. I finished the assignment he gave us, and tried to sleep on my desk. I didn't actually manage to fall asleep, but I achieved a sense of distorted conscious where nothing made sense.
I probably would have fallen asleep, but the dork behind me, Johnny boy, decided to entertain himself by poking me in the back with a pencil. I ignored it the first couple times, but then I spun around and slapped the pencil out of his hand. I curled back up on my desk and resumed the thought insanity, but Johnny was a repeat offender. This time, I slowly turned around, grabbed the writing utensil, and held it as I once again tried to sleep. He sat there for a second, and then got up and bugged me to give it back. I told him I would, but I also told him if he touched me again I'd cut him without a second thought. I meant it, too.
I walked throughout the day in a weird, weird fog. People moved slowly, but my thoughts moved slower. It took such a physical effort to keep my eyes open, nothing else could occupy my attention. I couldn't really control my voice level, and I spoke in a low, quiet voice that was very un-me. This went on until lunch, when the food woke me up a bit.
I felt fine for a while, other than pretty bad chest pains due to coughing. then, my mom and I went running. If you've never ran with horrible chest pain before, let me tell you that you don't want to. It...sucks. I managed to do all 6 intervals, but I was hurting. As I walked to the car, I could not walk in a straight line.
When I got home, I had to clean the rabbit's pen, and as I walked across the field to the place where I dump his litter, the sky was slightly spinning. It was a different feeling than earlier today, and although it was more bearable, it still sucked. As I described it to my mom, my head felt like it was full of springs. When I moved my eyes, everything got all weird for a second.
Now, after some healing elixir (Diet Coke) and a few hours of rest, I feel (pretty much) normal. My chest still feels like its got a wire-brush in it, but other than that I'm OK. Now, I'm left with the question of why anyone would purposely invoke those feelings. Seriously, I felt like crap all day. It sucked. I'm gonna have to take more cough syrup soon, and I'm not looking forward to it. Fortunately, I'll be sleeping this time. I hope I get better soon...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
About Me
- Boyd
- Well, for starters, I'm a teen who thinks it would be fun to write about every little thing that pops into my head to be read by everyone on the internet every single day. Doesn't that tell you enough about who I am?
The People Smart Enough To Know How Good This Blog Is
The Answer to Life, the Universe, and Everything!
My Favourite Albums
- "Pinkerton" - Weezer
- "Raise The Dead" - Phantom Planet
- "White Blood Cells" - The White Stripes
- "Elephant" - The White Stripes
- "Doolittle" - The Pixies
- "Ziggy Stardust" - David Bowie
My Favourite Bands
- AC/DC
- Beck
- Bend Folds
- Blink-182
- Bob Dylan
- Cage The Elephant
- Crush Of Society
- Danny Elfman
- Dave Matthews Band
- David Bowie
- Depeche Mode
- Everclear
- Franz Ferdinand
- Girl Talk
- Gorillaz
- Green Day
- I Eat Stickfigures
- Jane's Addiction
- Jennifer Trynin
- Johnny Cash
- Josh Ritter
- Led Zeppelin
- MC5
- Misfits
- Nirvana
- Oasis
- Oingo Boingo
- Operation Ivy
- Owl City
- Paramore
- Pearl Jam
- Pink Floyd
- Queen
- R.E.M.
- Reel Big Fish
- Rivers Cuomo
- Roger Waters
- Roses & Riots
- Sex Bob-Omb
- Social Distortion
- Soundgarden
- Star Fucking Hipsters
- Streetlight Manifesto
- Sufjan Stevens
- The Beatles
- The Black Belles
- The Boomtown Rats
- The Clash
- The Cure
- The Dead Kennedys
- The Dead Milkmen
- The Dead Weather
- The Doors
- The Flaming Lips
- The Jimi Hendrix Experience
- The Killers
- The Pixies
- The Racontuers
- The Ramones
- The Sex Pistols
- The Smashing Pumpkins
- The Smiths
- The Strokes
- The White Stripes
- Third Eye Blind
- Tom Waits
- U2
- Violent Femmes
- Weezer
- Weird Al
Powered by Blogger.
Categories
- B. B. King (1)
- bands (1)
- bass guitar (1)
- biographies (1)
- Blues (1)
- books (1)
- Boomtown Rats (1)
- Christmas (1)
- Comics (1)
- Crush of Society (1)
- David Bowie (1)
- Dilbert (1)
- Douglas Adams (1)
- electric guitar (1)
- Induhviduals (1)
- Magazines (1)
- Music (1)
- Pink Floyd (1)
- polls (1)
- rock (1)
- Scott Adams (1)
- Seinfeld (1)
- Slowwave (1)
- Television (1)
- The fine art of blogging about nothing (1)
- The Hitchhikers Guide To The Galaxy (1)
- WMU adventures (1)
- writer's block (1)
1 comment:
Sorry to hear you're not feeling good. Lots of peeps I know have something they're dealing with...luckily I've dodged that bullet so far (crosses fingers). My boyfriend just got over being sick. Just hang in there! Codeine stuff?-yeah, I think I'd be falling all over the place...that's pretty strong stuff. BTW: why are you going for a run when you feel this way? That's not a good thing.
Drink your fluids & stay warm (k, did I just sound like my mom!??)...^_^
Post a Comment