Wednesday, February 2, 2011

So Many Videos...

Well...you asked, so I've linked to all the videos we currently have on Youtube. Hopefully you enjoy!



As you may hear me say at the end of this video, this was the first time I ever sang in front of anyone other than Bobby. It was pretty awesome to do, and I loved the rush. I definitely want to be a rockstar!


This is based on lyrics from the book "John Dies At The End" by David Wong. It's a favourite book of ours, and I thought it would be totally awesome to show up to a practice with a song written around it. So, I did. The band that plays it in the book is supposed to be incredibly bad, but hopefully we gave it a bit of life. As a YouTube commenter pointed out, the sound quality is pretty horrid. Fortunately, long-time COS helper Stephen is going to record a better version, and make an actual music video to go with it. More on that later...


This is another video from my party, of us pretending to be Sex Bob-Omb from Scott Pilgrim Vs. The World. As you can see, I'm totally Scott (despite the fact I'm not playing bass). Stephen is drumming, our good friend Tanner, from the band I Eat Stickfigures, is rocking bass and vocals, and a dude named Damien is (badly) pretending to play keyboards. I tried dancing like Scott Pilgrim while playing, which pretty much messed up my playing.


Last one from the party. This is an awesome song Bobby wrote, although I helped brainstorm additional lyrics. Steve's on drums again, despite the fact he'd only played with us on this song once before. the drums were really necessary, because the song sounds oddly empty without them. Also, Bobby's new 12-string adds a really great sound to the song, and his (improvised) solo is very fitting with the rest of the song.


This is a song we haven't worked on much yet. I wrote it a while ago, but I only really presented it two practices ago. I'm not terribly happy with this video, because for some reason I sound bored in it, and I slightly messed up the solo. However, I'm hoping to work with it a lot more, and I'll keep you informed about that!


This is a song that I wrote lyrics to about 2 years ago, and Bobby found in my lyric book. He recently wrote a guitar part, and gave life to what was previously a crappy poem. The two acoustics sound good in this video, but I'm hoping when we work with Stephen we can add the usuals, bass and drums, and a piano track.

Wow...mad props to anyone who has scrolled down this far, regardless of whether or not you've actually watched the videos. I'll probably post further concerning Steve's recording of our music, but for now I'll let you go, and recover from the length of this post.

5 comments:

Eeshie said...

You. Have. AWESOME HAIR!

Boyd said...

Thanks! It's part of the "rock star"
thing...plus, it's a great conversation starter!

That Blond Guy said...

Totally awesome, man. Here, have a drink.

How many are in the band?

Mandy Thomas said...

Cool. That was really cool.

Jillian said...

I really liked this. You have great rhythm.
I used to be pretty involved in the underground bands in my area, and this is what these videos remind me of.
Nice lights.

My favorite was the last one. It was awesome.

By the way, your fav band list is phenomenal.
I agree with over 75% of it.