Friday, February 11, 2011

Blog, Or Memoir?

Hey there, blog fans! How have things been? Actually, that's a redundant question; I've been reading your posts, so I already know.

Thanks for giving some feedback on those videos - hopefully, I'll soon be able to post some better versions. Oh, by the way, in response to your question That Blond Guy, Bobby and I are the only two in the band. We're hoping to go for a White Stripes- or Black Keys- type thing. Of course, when we record our fancy little E.P. - coming soon - we're going to use the wonders of technology to record more tracks than we have people for.

This blog is coming in handy for me - we have an assignment in English class to write a memoir about ourselves concerning a relationship that has been important to our lives. I've decided to write about my trip to Western Michigan University my freshman year, and the group of friends I met on that trip. I've written multiple blog posts about the trip, and the memoir is basically going to be an expanded, cleaned up version of those. Isn't a blog basically an online memoir, sort of, not really? That's what I thought.

So, I'm going to go get on that. That, and watching old Mock Trial videos - the team is having a court house practice on Sunday, and I need to get a feel for how lawyers need to act. Until next time - stay golden, blog-friends!

3 comments:

Tanner "Four String Finger Sting" Simmons said...

You wanna be the best lawyer around? Study under the majestic Phoenix Wright, and his wagging finger of court-house justice.

Jillian said...

You know, you are so true.
We've just been writing our memoirs here, with out even really thinking about it.
And when we're old, we can look at all these posts and shake our heads and laugh.

I was just admiring the bass guitar in your profile picture. Then I read you had band videos up, so I'm gonna go watch those. Awesome.
White Stripes are a good band to sound like.

The Kid In The Front Row said...

Hey, just checking in. Glad you're still blogging. I've just been admiring your favorite bands list, and checking out your videos in the post below. Keep it up!