Monday, November 29, 2010

A Christmas Carol

The play went well! Sorta well, anyway. The lights went well every night, with only a few silly mistakes on my part. The hours of working were pretty crazy, but hey, it was for a paycheck, right? Yeah...

The final night, after the show was over, we got our checks. I made...[drumroll]...$30. For six nights of 3-4 hours each. That means I made between $1.25 and $1.67 an hour. I hate to complain about not making enough money, but that's not even enough to pay for the gas driving 40 minutes each way. Well, if I hadn't gotten a ride with Stephen, that is. My biggest complaint is really the fact that I could have been working in my grandparents' shop those nights, and avoided getting in trouble for getting home at 11 P.M. on a school night.

Well...at least I can say I'm a professional lights technician now, right?

1 comment:

That Blond Guy said...

Congrats on the performance, man! Kind of sucks about the pay check, but money is money, right? You can buy, say, 120 pieces of bubble gum with that. Don't eat them all at once, though!