Tuesday, January 5, 2010

2009: A Review

I realize I'm about five days late for a New Year's Post, but you're going to have to deal with my eccentric (lazy) behaviour.

Many people I've talked to about the year had mixed opinions about it. One of my mother's friends put it quite well:

"There were a lot of high points in 2009, but to go along with each one was a low. I wish it had been a more mellow year."

I personally feel it was a freaking awesome year, possibly one of the best. You'd like me to list the reasons why? Well, you're in luck!

  • I successfully ran a half-marathon in August, going from totally nonathletic to quite fit in the course of 6 months.
  • I lost 20 pounds - I'd always thought about how cool it would be to come back to school after summer break totally slim and fit, and this year I achieved that.
  • I've learned to play both bass guitar and 6-string. I'm taking lessons for bass, and I've learned actual songs on the 6-string variety of guitar - even a few sweet solos!
  • I've made a bunch of new friends in High School - my band trip to Western, often referenced, was an amazing experience for me.

Currently, those are the only major achievements for the year that I can think of; trust me, I did more this year than that, but those four really dominate my memory.

I hope everyone had a good 2009, and for those who didn't I hope you have a 2010 so amazing it completely makes up for it!

3 comments:

Diane said...

you had a killer year! hope this one's even better! keep up the guitar!!!

i agree with your mom's friend. every good thing that happened, it was almost like i had to PAY for it. :( but... moving on!!

happy belated new year!

Anonymous said...

I've got to add to your list of accomplishments. You made it through JH with straight A's. You impressed quite a few people with your shooting talent. You are a respectful kind young man. And...you made (and still make) your Mom very proud. (I can just hear everybody else saying "Awwww..." but Boyd saying, "Mom!") Love ya, kiddo!

The Kid In The Front Row said...

Lazy behaviour! You can't start the year that way!

I expect better in 2011....