Sunday, December 27, 2009

An Observation

Today was a long, long day - I cleaned my room. Well, I got most of it done. There's still a ton of the small things that collect dust laying in the middle of the room on the floor, as well as stacks of books occupying all flat surfaces. I rearranged just about every piece of furniture in there, and it looks great.

I even got up early to do it...if 10:30 is early. It is when I'm on vacation from school, and on weekends.

I thought of something the other day, and I'm wondering if it's just a coincidence or not. In Twilight, a series all about vampires, the main character's name is Bella. The name of the actor famous for portraying Dracula (also a vampire) in 1931 was Bela Lugosi. Is her name a homage to him? I realized the interesting coincidence while listening to the song "Bela Lugosi's Dead" by The Bauhaus, in which the singer cries "Bela!" over and over.

I'm going to go relax now, because it's been a very long day of productivity and my head is splitting with an allergy headache.

1 comment:

Diane said...

in the acknowledgments in 'new moon', stephanie meyer thanks her brothers for letting her "borrow" their names. but nothing is mentioned about Bella's name. unfortunately i don't have the first book. otherwise i'd check in there of any mention.

that is a great song, though, btw.

sorry to hear of your headache. :(