Thursday, November 26, 2009

Happy Thanksgiving

As many of you are surely aware, today is Thanksgiving. I have had a pretty good one, all things considered.

First things first, the food this year was the best I've ever experienced. There's normally one or two things I don't like, and I've never been too much of a fan of poultry. However, everything rocked this year. I even loved the turkey, which was very tasty and completely free of nasty fat/skin/dark meat.

Since my mom and I got our own house, we've hosted the meal. Our family is very small - I'm the only kid, and actually the only one under 40. Like every other year, the attendees were my grandparents, my uncle, and my great-aunt with her boyfriend Ernie.

My grandparents got a Labrador puppy last Sunday, and they brought him along too. There was a debate as to what his name should be, with options such as Buck and Ruger being tossed around (it's hunting season, and their store is a DNR deer check station). Eventually, however, the name Buster was chosen. Buster is freaking hilarious, and gets really hyper and plays and then crashes and naps. I'll post a picture when I remember to take one, someday.

I've got a lot of things to be thankful for this year, although I don't really want to list them all. I hope everyone reading this has had a good day as well, and I'd be thankful if you have. (Get it? Thankful? And it's Thanksgiving? Never mind...)