Tuesday, September 15, 2009

High School

Last week was my first week of High School. I was a tiny bit nervous, thanks to multiple people's warnings ("watch out for Upperclassmen!") However, this fear was totally misplaced. It was almost exactly like Jr. High, with the exception of the fact I'm no longer on top. Still, I think it's cooler to be at the bottom of High School than the top of Jr. High.

The first day was probably the worst, because I was still trying to find my way around and figure out where all my classes are. It was also a bit of a bummer that all we really did was cover the rules. I mean, by this point we should really be able to survive without being told basic common sense. After three years of the same thing at the Jr. High, and five more of a similar style in elementary, anyone who doesn't get how to avoid trouble probably has bigger issues to worry about than that.

The rest of the week started ups out with the curriculum, so it was a bit better. I wound up with a 100 question test, a 65 question test, and a two and a half page paper on the second day, and I like that. I'm definitely looking forward to having a bit more of a challenge from this point on.

All my teachers are pretty cool, so I'm lucky there. One of my friends, who has almost all the same classes, managed to compare every teacher we have currently to an awesome teacher from previous years.

Well, I actually have to be getting to school. I'm still typing theses on my mom's Jr. High classroom computer, but now I have to walk across campus to the High School. Better hurry!

(P.S.: this post is actually just an assignment from Language Arts I typed up, with a bit added to it. I think if I write all my assignments like blog posts, I'll do pretty well in class!)

2 comments:

Eve Noir said...

Yay, you survived the first day! Hm, I don't know if I liked being at the top in jr. high or the bottom in high school more. Both were actually good for me. I know you'll have some great times in high school. If it means anything to you, I remember a lot about my high school years compared to junior high years. Good times...enjoy them while you can!

Take care Drew~

zenstereo said...

Ha ha, it'll get better. High school is no big deal, trust me. You'll be fine.

Also, in regards to your comment on my post, I'd say that Ender's Shadow is more analytical about the story, whereas Ender's pov is more about being a leader, etc. It's just like all the stuff you wanted to know but didn't because from Ender's view, it wasn't important. I really recommend it!