Saturday, April 11, 2009

Lansing

So, on to the mobile post that was supposed to occur yesterday. It's not really a mobile post anymore, because I'm sitting in my cozy home. Well, it's a vacation post, at least. kinda like when Tom Green went on trips and brought the cameras with him.
We went to Lansing for a 5K yesterday and today. OK, when I say 5K, I mean going shopping all day and eating wonderful food, then spending the next morning in a great deal of pain and discomfort. I've been looking forward to this trip for a while, and I've also been looking forward to a blog post about it.
So, my main goal for Lansing was to visit all of the record stores I knew about there. I also wanted to visit the poster shop, which is amazing. OK, the first record store I went to was pretty lame. It was dirty, and dusty. I got 2 CDs, though. A Clash CD and a R.E.M. CD. They're both pretty good (that's why I bought them).
The second record store, however, was something else. The place's name was Flat, Black and Circular. I went there during my trip last year, but I didn't like as much music as I do now, so it was pretty much a waste of time then. Now, it was sweet. I got: Aladdin Sane by David Bowie, Tommy by The Who, and...(drumroll, please)...Pink Floyd's The Wall!!!!! It sounds great, too. I only turned the volume dial up to a third of it's maximum capacity, and the floor was seriously shaking. I and seriously happy, because it's just one more version of The Wall to add to my collection.
We were also visiting a friend of my mom's, whom I've only meant 2 other times. She's pretty fun, and her and her husband made a great tour guide. We went and ate at a place with Mediterranean food that was delicious. I got a Gyro, but it wasn't wrapped like usual. It was on a bun, that I was told was home-made. It was great!
The 5K was, well, horrible. You know how they talk about that "elusive runners' high"? Well, it is more of a "wall" than a maintained condition. After a few minutes of it, you get to the other side, where a world of hurt awaits. I ran the entire way, which was very cool, but I suffered. I thought I was going to puke the whole thing, and towards the end my hips started to hurt (they tend to when I'm running). I had my headphones in, but for some odd reason, it seemed to be skipping. I didn't even know MP3 players COULD skip. My finish time was 34:42. I was really proud of myself, even though I couldn't even walk in a straight line. Fortunately, they had water and orange slices.
The very worst part, though, was the fact I was writing this blog post in my head the entire run. Enjoy the products of a delusional, dehydrated mind.

No comments: