Friday, January 30, 2009

The Windy City Awaits


I dare you to try and guess where I am right now. Nope, not school. Not home, either. The library, you ask? No, they would kick me out for skipping class. Give up? I'm on a train! Pretty cool, right? Thank goodness for wireless Internet! I got on at 6 this morning, and we're getting off around lunch. The crazy thing is, if I was at school today, it would only be the passing time between 2nd and 3rd hour. I was dead tired earlier, but now I'm just bored. Obviously, there's no one online right now. Everyone else is busy getting an education to try and become a benefit to society.

I'm really excited about Chicago. Tonight, we're going to see Blue Man Group, tomorrow Spamalot, and Sunday we're going to a Chinese New-Year parade. We haven't figured out exactly what to do throughout the day yet, but I'm sure it will be easy enough to pass the time. I'm blasting the Violent Femmes right now, because they always remind me of Chicago.

The only issue I can possibly foresee with this trip is missing my friends, especially Ashley. I said I'd try and call her, but the busy schedule I've got set up currently will make that difficult. I won't be able to really get a chance to IM at all, because all of the main attractions I'll be seeing are evening things (Spamalot, BMG, etc.). Still, I'll try and have fun.

It's Chicago, how could I not have fun?

1 comment:

Diane said...

ooh im jealous.
my little daughter would kill to see BMG!
i'm calling your school and telling them you're trying to pull a ferris bueller.