Saturday, January 31, 2009

Chicago, Day Two

Ahh, yet another glorious day in Chicago. After a totally tasty breakfast, we set out to embark on our second day of tourism.

Our plan for today was to visit all of the cool shops they have around here. Our first stop was a Burlington Coat factory, since my mom wanted to pick up a warmer coat. I was looking at the men's coats as well, because I was sort of trying to find a coat like the Ramones all wore. I did find one, but it was way too expensive to justify. My mom's friend, however, told me he had an old biker jacket just like it that he outgrew. He wanted to get rid of it, so he would feel better about getting a new one. To make a long story short, I currently look and feel like a Ramone.

Our second stop was a furniture store, because they are redecorating and wanted to check some stuff out. This place was awesome. All the furniture in there fit my tastes, which is rare. They had one chair that was basically a unicycle sans-wheel, with pedals that rotated and everything. It was sweet.

We then went to eat, and after that visited two more shops. The first was a toy shop of sorts, that Eve Noir would have loved. It was entirely those weird little doll-like plastic models, most of which were odd in one way or another. The other shop was a comic book store, and it was pretty cool. I never really got involved in any comic books, because there are absolutely no shops near us that sell them, but they still had some sweet stuff. They even had a Cthulhu statue!!!
Next, another record store. This place had new in addition to used, but of course there are relatively few people still recording on vinyl. I got Road to Ruin by the Ramones, which is still in it's original vacuum wrap.

On to the entire reason for visiting Chicago: Spamalot. If you enjoy the film, but aren't sure if you want to spend the money to see a live version, I strongly recommend it. The lines are different, the jokes are better, and it has an entirely different plot. I laughed the whole way through. It was very well done, and involved audience participation.

I know you're probably going to be getting sick of my tales of the windy city soon, but that's just too darn bad.

1 comment:

Diane said...

sweet deal on the ramones album! glad you're having a good time.