Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Chicago Calls

Well, turns out the free day I wrote about yesterday isn't until Friday, for some odd reason. I'm not going to be at school on Friday, so I pretty much get the short end of the stick. Although, they won't be getting to use my Guitar Hero anyway, so I guess the bitter side of me is fulfilled.
As a matter of fact, I won't be at school the next Monday, either. Would you like to know why? No? Too bad, it's my blog. I'm going to Chicago!! It's been two years since I've been in Chicago, and I can't wait. We're going to see the play Spamalot, in accordance to my Monty Python fandom. We also will be going to see Blue Man Group perform, which we missed out on last time. Finally, in addition to that, we'll get to enjoy all of the obligatory good eats that are found in the windy city, as well as all of the sweet shops. The ironic thing is, Spamalot is coming to Detroit for two weeks after we get back, so our excuse to go is a little less substantial.
We're taking the train down there, which is a really cool experience. It's pretty much 8 or 9 hours of sitting around, reading, chatting, and having a good time. Also, the people you'll find on a train are often way cooler than most people, so starting up conversations is a snap. Last time, we sat next to an interesting (and incredibly annoying) dude who, in between strummings on his guitar, told anyone willing to listen his life story. Yes, he brought a guitar. The amusing thing was, you could totally tell about 80% of his tale was complete fiction. If you've never taken a train before, I highly recommend it next time you're not in a hurry. It's a really cool part of the vacation, in my opinion.
What's that? Will I be bringing my guitar on the train? Good question. No, for two reasons. First is, I have an electric, and can't play anyone else's guitar because of my left-handedness. Second, I'd really rather not be an attention-starved tale-teller like the dude we sat by two years ago was.
Someday, though...who knows?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

you make me laugh. but in a good way. y'know, i'm not laughing AT you, but WITH you.
~m.

Alix said...

Dude Im totally seeing Spamalot too! I know I already told you, but still!