Tuesday, January 20, 2009

100th Post!

Sweet! Lots and lots of round numbers today! I knew that today was going to be Boyd's World's 100th post, but I also just noticed my hit counter is at 200 even. That's pretty freaky, in my book.
Well, I've got to suffer through exams today, tomorrow, and Thursday. We have half days, so it's not as unbearable, but they still kind of stink. Today, I have my Social Studies exam, and my Health teacher is just teaching right through them because today is the last day of the class. On Monday, we go straight to EMP, employability skills. Thursday, I have band, which will be pretty easy. I have another class, but it's taught by the same teacher as Health, who apparently doesn't believe in exams. Wednesday, though, is going to be the real nightmare. First, I have Science, which is currently my best subject, but the teacher really pushes our class to the breaking point. Then, the most dreaded class of all, that makes even the toughest of students cringe: Algebra 1. I have an 89.7% percent, and unless I get an A on it, I'll have a B+ in that class. Now, I'm sure that sounds like a good grade to most, but currently I have an impeccable record of all A's in Jr. High. If I manage to keep that going for just 2 more marking periods, I'll be eligible for a really sweet award. I know, blah blah blah, your nerdiness is showing, but its been a goal of mine since 6th grade.
I'm kind of looking forward to EMP, and kind of not. I think it will be a good class, but I have no idea what I want my final career to be. OK, really I want to be a rock star, but that's not an option for me. Well, this one dude did select musician as a career, but he knows how to play guitar, which is useful. I'm my bands singer, not guitarist, and I don't plan on belting it out in front of my entire class. I'm not really even that great of a singer, but that doesn't matter too much when in a rock band. However, when going solo in front of a classroom, it does matter. Big time. I think I'll go for radio D.J., since I know a little about that occupation, and it deals with music. It's not what I plan on being my final job, but it will work for now.
Well, wish me luck on exams...

4 comments:

~M~ said...

Sweet blog! I wanna be a rock star too! Damn too bad for us huh? Thanks for your comment the other day! M

steve said...

EMP sucks alot. its really pointless. I did musician too, so were in the same boat

♥ashley said...

Some of my friends say EMP is like super boringg.... im not exactly sure what i want to do either... i mean goodness im only 14 haha
and of course im musically chalenged... so musician is out of the question. hahahahaha

Anonymous said...

EMP sucks, alot. It can be fun... barely. Be prepared to be bored out of your mind.