Saturday, July 12, 2008

My First Movie Review



The movie I'm going to be reviewing is "I'm Not There", the new look at Bob Dylan's life story. First off, this movie is really messed up. If you like movies with a definite plot line, absolutely no deviance from reality, and easy to understand messages, this movie is not for you. I rented it for two days, and I'm pretty sure I'll have to buy it, because it's impossible to get the full message in 2 day's worth of viewings. I don't think I could get the full message if I watched it every day for a year. I can't really talk too much about the plot, because there is none, but the general idea is that his life is told through six people's life experiences, portraying a different aspect of Bob's life. It starts with him dying, which makes no sense, because he's still alive to this day. Each story is in a different time period, but they're all connected in one way or another, be it an actor playing one of the other characters in a movie, or a quick name dropping. Overall, I give this movie a...

five out of five

I must say, it's the kind of movie you'll either proclaim to be an instant classic, or a grand pile of crap. I feel the former, because I enjoy seeing a movie that makes you think in this world of instant gratification. Maybe you will hate it.

So it goes. ( I've been reading a lot of Vonnegut lately)

No comments: