Wednesday, June 11, 2008

More Whining


I can't say I'm that in love with today's music. I really like the 70's and 80's sound, all electric and surreal. Now it's mostly screaming in the microphone and random strumming. And thats just rock. I'm not even going into rap and (shudder) pop.

The reason I bring this up is because I told a friend I'd never heard HIM or AFI, so he lent me a CD of each. OK, before I even talk about the music, what's up with the names of these bands? Acronyms? They can't even think of a semi-decent name. I can't actually give a review of the CD's yet, because I haven't actually gotten the initiative to listen to them yet, but I can make fun of what I do know. The set list for HIM involved song titles such as "Rip Out The Wings Of A Butterfly", and "Play Dead". I'm sorry, but does that sound more than just a bit Emo.

Speaking of Emos, has anyone heard the song "Emo Kid"? It's hilarious!

Got to go, 'cause I've got exams to study for, instead of spending all my time whining on this blog.

No comments: