Sunday, June 22, 2008

Combat Rock - the review

Hello, ladies and gents, it's time for your favourite blogger to write you another review! This week, we're going to talk about The Clash - Combat Rock.
First of, I must say I'm a big fan of the Clash, and I own 3 of their CD's. This one featured many of their most popular songs, such as Rock The Casbah and Should I Stay Or Should I Go?. They are definately my favourite songs on the album, and that's a prestigious position. The thing I don't like about the album is the fact that it is very expirimental. There are songs with very long and weird solos, which I'm not a fan of when it comes to them. With Led Zeppelin and Pink Floyd, I'm used to that sort of thing, but the clash are supposed to be fast, loud, and energetic. The expirimental songs aren't any of those things. The Album's songs are really in order from best to worst, something that is quite common with CD's. I'm Geussing it has something to do with the fact people listen more to the beggining of a CD than the end, so it would make sense to have the best stuff were it will be heard the most.
Overall, I give it...
4 out of five
Next week: Pink Floyd's The Wall.

No comments: